GengaCraft

Welcome to GengaCraft's forums!

Nap's Guide

napnosaj

Nap's Guide

Post  napnosaj on Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:31 pm

*READ THIS*
    Before anything, please know that I didn't come up of this idea for making a guide. I liked Erza's Topic so much that I thought I would make one, maybe with some things you didn't know.

This is a guide for not only starting out in Gengacraft, but is amazing for starting out on any Minecraft Server. Hope you like it, I worked hard on it and will probably put this together in steps.

Finding a Server
    Finding a server may be the hardest part of playing Minecraft. Some just don't fit people's needs. When I look for a server I look at these following things.

1. New or Old? - I usually like playing in a fresh server. I don't like servers that already have those diamond geared fools that kill you when your punching wood.
    2. Plugins - This is mostly your preference. If you like a pvping server, look for plugins like Factions, or Essentials that have commands that you need.
    3. Security - This is probably the hardest thing to find out. How do you know your safe? Most Servers look like they are good with hackers because of there amount of staff, but this doesn't mean your safe. Most staff members don't even help you on bad servers. You will have to rely on plugins. Plugins like AntiCheat won't help you that much, but it does help. Like a said finding a server that has good security is hard, so just keep looking.
    4. How long the server will last? - This rule kinda interferes with the first rule. If you find a server that has been on for a few months, it would be nice to join, but you might get spawn killed. Joining a server that is a day old would probably be bad. The server easily can close the next day after you build your best work. Also make sure they have a way to prevent pvp logging or tping. Some ways to do that is to quickly do /tpa to a friend. If you have to wait then your good with this.

Starting a New Server

Starting a new server can be really tough. Here are steps you can do that use to for that to be easy.

1. Take advantage of the resources - Most servers give rewards for voting. Take advantage of this! Some server start you with armor. Put these in the ender chest if they are provided. You don't want to lose them! Also try getting food for the next step.

2. Run! RUn! RUN! - When you start a server you must run! There might be enemies in the wild close to spawn. I suggest you get lots of food to sprint. Also make sure to use /home often to keep a checkpoint just incase you die! I usually got 5000-10000 blocks away. Try finding a biome that suits you! Also make sure to pick up some sugar canes.

3.(Getting ready for battle! - This is only for a Faction/PvP/Raiding server. You will have to build a base! A base can take 5 minutes to 1 month to make. I suggest you make a quick base underground then improve on it once you have more resources. Before doing anything else, I suggest you scan the server. Does it have a money system? How do you earn money. What can you do with the money? Answer these questions and buy whatever you need. You also will have to start a branch mine for quick ores. Once you get enough improve on your base. Get it organized! Cook all the cobble that you got from mining then build a nice structure with the stone bricks.

4. Enchanting - YOU MUST ENCHANT BEFORE BATTLE. To make a enchanting table with villages or anything, you must have atleast 5 diamonds. 3 for a pick to mine obsidian and 2 for the crafting. Get a few levels by mining, killing mobs, or even building a mob trap. Building a mob trap might seem hard, but once you watch a few videos, you will get the hang of it.

5. Food Sources - Building farms are good ways for a quick food source. Wheat is pretty good for cookies. Carrots and Potatoes are amazing if you come across a few. You can also breed animals which is a amazing alternate.

6. Getting ready for battle! - Make sure to have full set of armor before heading to battle. I suggest you have a mix of Projectile Protection and Protection. They should be about 6-8 for each boost. Also a good diamond sword can be nice. Fire aspect and even knockback can be useful when your hitting them against a wall. Sharpness is extremely important though.

IM REALLY TIRED, ILL EDIT THIS LATER! For now Very Happy and also how are you east coast? Hows the storm. In NYC its pretty bad.

-Nap
    That's right, I have a Signature which means I'm cool.

P.S. Don't talk to NotTypical, hes a nerd [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    I have a dragon too, please help it grow!

_Erza_Scarlet_

Re: Nap's Guide

Post  _Erza_Scarlet_ on Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:48 am

THAT'S IT!I'm turning this into a competition! Twisted Evil

Spoiler:

Sexy
    With
    A little bit
    Gangster
    Xshadow01X

Post  Xshadow01X on Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:54 am

wow really -.- its a guide for Christ sake how are you going to make a competition. and honestly i don't that anyone will read the whole thing unless they are really lost. i didn't even finish reading it since i know all this stuff already but i know others haven't but still a competition?! (SMFH) oh and nap don't forget to mention on building a safe home thats hard to find.
    jose12rocks

Post  jose12rocks on Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:54 pm

Nap do you have a life?

NotTypical

dgasdsdgs

Post  NotTypical on Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:11 pm

Be nice

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Click me to get early access to gengacraft! (visit me every 24 hours everyday) [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    jose12rocks

Post  jose12rocks on Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:19 pm

Oh ok I say one bad thing to him and I get in trouble ok

Xshadow01X

Post  Xshadow01X on Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:23 pm

Lol Not these guys have been arguing for some time now -_-
    jose12rocks

Post  jose12rocks on Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:47 pm

he hating ;]

Xshadow01X

Post  Xshadow01X on Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:49 am

a huevo!!!
    Rarias

Post  Rarias on Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:56 am

Wtf did you say?
    Xshadow01X

Post  Xshadow01X on Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:03 am

Use Muthafuken google Translator and you'll find out

Razz
    napnosaj

Post  napnosaj on Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:06 pm

Jose shut up -.-

-Nap
    That's right, I have a Signature which means I'm cool.

P.S. Don't talk to NotTypical, hes a nerd [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I have a dragon too, please help it grow!

Rarias

Post  Rarias on Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:43 pm

[SPOILER ALERT]
    Jose will become the brand new Fire wats his face.
    jose12rocks

Post  jose12rocks on Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:56 pm

Haha I'm the new fire ask dry and my cousin nap started this now he is the one acting up

NotTypical

dfgdfgdf

Post  NotTypical on Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:05 pm

And if you were a mature person then you would not be talking all this mess anymore and make up.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Click me to get early access to gengacraft! (visit me every 24 hours everyday) [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    Xshadow01X

Post  Xshadow01X on Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:28 pm

Seriously guys though this is getting pretty old just stop guys. i think you both had enough lol

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:18 pm